THUNDERBIRD SPEEDWAY STREET STOCK RULES FOR 2013
1. IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT, ASK BEFORE YOU DO.
2. THREE WINS- Any driver that wins three races within one racing season will go through an extensive technical inspection, which could include, but is not limited to, bumper to bumper inspection. This rule will be used at the descretion of track officials. A driver that wins three races in three months may not be tore down. A driver that wins three in a row or three out of four will.
3. Any American made, full body rear wheel drive passenger car or pick up, must be full frame or unibody with factory steel body. Must be 108” wheelbase minimum. Must be +/- 1 inch from side to side. NO FIFTH ARM ALLOWED PERIOD. No pan hard bars. Unibody cars must tie front frame to the rear frame. Single tube only.
4. Must have stock unaltered floor pan and firewall front and rear.
5. Frame must remain stock from IN FRONT OF ANY STEERING COMPONENTS TO BACK OF REAR SPING AND SHOCK MOUNT ALL SUSPENSION COMPONENTS MUST MOUNT IN STOCK LOCATION. STOCK FRONT SUSPENSION COMPONENTS. AFTERMARKET BUSHINGS OK.
6. All glass, chrome, and flammable material MUST be removed. Dash may be removed.
7. Front and rear firewall MUST be completely closed off from trunk area and engine compartment.
8. Roll Cage must consist of continuous hoops, Minimum 1.50” O.D. tubing with wall thickness of at least .095” for main cage, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Minimum of 6 point roll cage required. Minimum of 3 door bars welded to OEM frame on both sides.
9. Body and floor pan MUST remain completely stock. Except to cut out fenders for tire clearance. No Aluminum bodies. Steel or aluminum door skins ok, must look stock. Removing plastic inner fender ok on front ONLY. 7" MAX. SUN VISOR. MAY CUT HOLE IN HOOD, MAX 4 " BREATHER AND MAY ONLY STICK 2" ABOVE HOOD. MAY RUN TUBE BUMPERS, NO SHARP EDGES MUST NOT STICK OUT PAST BODY.
10. After market stock replacement noses are ok. No dirt style allowed. Must enclose the rear of the car.
11. May remove all un-needed components in the engine compartment. (Heater cores, A/C, brackets, and compressors).
12. Suspension must remain completely stock. Racing springs are allowed. Max 13” springs. Spring bucket allowed but must be in stock location. Racing shocks allowed in stock location. No Hiemend shocks. Trailing arms and leaf springs must mount in stock location. Trailing arms must be stock length NO TOLERANCE. NO OFFSET BUSHINGS AND NO ADJUSTABLE SPACERS.stock replacement tubalar upper control arms ok must be within 1/2 in length of each other measured from the center of cross shaft to the center of the ball joint must be in stock mounts.
13. All Street Stocks must weigh at least 3000 lbs. after race with driver. If running vortech heads-must weigh 3200lbs if running vortech heads please put a V on the driverside front window post.
14. Racing fuel cell mandatory with a can and must be secured in the trunk area. See General Rules for mounting information.
15. Must have aluminum racing seat with five-safety harness.
16. IMCA stamped take off’s or asphalt take offs tires (10” Tires). 10"” maximum steel wheel offset wheels ok. Grooving ok. BEAD LOCK ON RIGHT REAR ONLY!
17. 9” Ford allowed (Grand National Ok). NO quick change rear ends allowed. May run 4 wheel disc brakes. Aftermarket brake and clutch pedals are allowed. No adjustment in the cockpit.
18. May lock rear-end, welding or steel spools only. No aluminum.
19. Steering column may be changed. Quickners OK.
20. Flat top pistons only, No aftermarket heads(exept EQ heads) or blocks allowed. Vortech heads ok(MUST WEIGH 3200LBS). No bowtie heads. No aluminum heads. NO PORTING OR POLISHING
No angle plug heads. No roller cams. No Shaft Rockets. Roller rockers are allowed. stud girdles allowed. 360 cu inch
MAX, may use aluminum dual plane non-air-gap intake with a 1-inch spacer and a vac secondary 4 brl carb. Carb must meet go-no-go gauge. Headers are allowed. No 180 degree headers. No crossover headers.
Stock type HEI ignition only. No MSD or magnetos. Engine must be in stock location. May use solid mounts.
21. Carburetor must remain stock. Vacuum secondary carb only.
a. Carburetor must remain stock, complete with choke.
b. Secondary must open with vacuum only. No linkage to secondary. With car off, secondary must not open.
c. No rear squirters.
d. Rear metering block is okay.
e. No double pumpers allowed.
22. Must use OEM-type distributor. Mechanical timing advance must be in working order. Vacuum advance optional.
23. Aluminum radiators okay. Aluminum water pumps and crank pulley okay.
24. Claim on heads and intake is $500.00 and swap. Items included with claim are heads and intake manifold only. Not
included with claim are pushrods, rocker arms, valve covers, and any intake manifold accessory. Both cars must pass all tech
before claim stands.
a. Claim must be turned in to head tech official within five (5) minutes of A-feature completion.
b. Claiming driver must finish in on the lead lap and finish the race to claim.
c. Only top four finishers are allowed to be claimed.
d. Claim must be turned in to head tech official.
e Claim made by cash money only and must be turned in at time of claim.
25. Pump gas or racing fuel only. No additives or alcohol.
26. Transmission must remain completely stock. Standard must have all working gears and stock type 101/2 clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. Cast iron bell housing or explosion proof bell housing MANDATORY. No aluminum or corvette components. Automatics must have all working gears with OEM working torque converter. AND MUST RUN SCATTER SHEILD No Converters smaller than 11”.
27. External transmission oil cooler ok. Must be mounted in front of radiator.
28. Drive shaft must be painted white. Must have front drive shaft safety loop located 10” from tail shaft of transmission. Made of 2” x ¼” strap.
29. NO independent or air bag suspension cars allowed.
30. Each car MUST have tow hooks on FRONT AND REAR!
31. Please refer to General Rules for Safety information.
32. FINAL NOTES: Drivers, if it does NOT say it, that doesn’t mean you can do it.