THUNDERBIRD SPEEDWAY PURE STOCK 2013
1. Track officials will inspect each car for safety.
2. All glass, chrome, and flammable material must be removed. Dash may be removed. Remove all
material that could be a fire hazard.
3. Fire extinguishers are required and must be mounted within driver’s reach. Dry type only.
4. Roll cage must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.50‖ O.D. tubing with wall thickness of at least
.095‖ for main cage, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Minimum of 6 point roll cage required.
Minimum of 3 door bars welded to OEM frame on both sides.
5. Must have a minimum of four window bars in front of the driver for protection.
6. Fuel cells are optional but recommended. Must be placed in the trunk area. Must be secured properly.
(See General Rules for mounting instructions and more fuel cell information.)
7. Each car must have tow hooks on front and rear. The track will not be responsible for damaged done
8. Please refer to General Rules for more safety information.
ELIGIBILITY and BODY
9. This class is designed to be an inexpensive class, specifically for racers who are less experienced.
10. American-made full-body rear-wheel-drive passenger car or pick-up.
a. Must be full or unibody frame car with factory steel body. Must be 108‖ wheelbase minimum. MAY RUN 101" WHEEL BASE WITH 305 CUBIC INCH MAX. COMPLETELY STOCK NO EXCEPTIONS.
If running unibody car, must tie front frame to the rear of frame. Single tube only.
b No convertibles
c. Rear suspension must be OEM. No alteration. locked rear end ok
d. Cutting front fenders is allowed for tire clearance. Cannot cut rear fender openings.
e. Car must be stock appearing.
11. All doors must be welded or bolted shut. Door skins are okay
12. Must have stock unaltered floor pan and firewall front and rear. Stock trunk must remain. Front and rear. Trunk may be cut for fuel cell clearance only.
firewall must be completely closed off from trunk area and engine compartment.
13. Quick release steering wheels are okay.
14. Car and driver must weigh 3000 lbs following the race. No add on weight allowed.
15. Car numbers must be easily readable by the scorers. Size requirements are 18‖ X 5‖ on both sides and
24‖ X 5‖ on roof. Number color must contrast car number. See General Rules for more information.
16. Chevrolet, Mopar, Ford V8 motors–350 cubic inch limit. Must be strictly stock. May overbore to .060
(sixty-thousandths) maximum. Heads must match engine, 350 on 350, 305 on 305, 302 on 302, etc.
17. Flat top or dish pistons only
18. Hydraulic camshaft only (basically a stock-profile camshaft). Camshaft lift at lobe .278. No bleed down
lifters. Camshaft lift must not exceed .425‖ at the valve on intake/exhaust. Engine must pull 16‖ of
vacuum at 1,000 RPM’s.
19. Stock rocker arms only, 1.5 maximum.
19. Stock OEM distributor only.
20. Cast-iron heads only. Throttle body heads okay. No vortec, power pack, or double hump heads. Stock screw-in studs okay. Poly lock okay. No shoulder
studs or guide plates. All heads must have factory mounting holes in front of heads.
21. Intakes allowed:
a. GM—Stock cast-iron quadra-jet (QJ) 4-barrel intake manifold. No marine-type intakes allowed.
b. Ford—Stock 4-barrel intake. No spacer allowed, except if running QJ carburetor.
c. Mopar—Stock 4-barrel intake. No spacer allowed, except if running QJ carburetor.
22. Carburetors allowed:
a. GM cars–one (1) 2-barrel OEM and manifold or one (1) Quadra-jet 4-barrel carburetor only.
No adapters or spacers allowed.
b. Ford cars—2-barrel or 4-barrel Motorcraft only, bolted direct to OEM cast iron intake manifold.
c. Mopar cars—Mopar stock 4-barrel, no high performance
23. Stock OEM cast-iron exhaust manifolds only. No center dump manifolds allowed. Exhaust must extend past driver. No headers allowed.
24. Fuel–pump gas only. No racing fuel or alcohol.
25. Transmission—Must run stock automatic, 3 spd or 4spd manual only. . Functioning OEM torque
converter required (no dummy torque converters). If running standard no racing flywheels or clutches. Coolers okay, must be mounted in front of radiator.
26.Rear-end— 9” Ford OK, mounted in stock position.
27. Drive shaft must be painted white with car number on it. Must have front drive shaft safety loop located
10‖ from tail shaft of transmission. Made of 2‖ x ¼ ― strap.
SUSPENSION and TIRES
28. Suspension must remain stock OEM. Coil or leaf springs. Rear springs must be stock. May run racing springs on front only. No spacers. NO RACING SHOCKS. Must run stock shock in stock location(NO EXCEPTIONS).
29. Wheels must be stock type only. 8-inch wide maximum.
30. Tires—8-inch asphalt take-offs ( 970 tires allowed) or DOT tire 235-75-15 maximum. mODIFIED PULL OFFS OK KK704 OR G60
31. Engine may be claimed for $1,000 cash or $500 and swap. Driver being claimed has choice of swap or no swap.
a. Claim must be turned in within five (5) minutes of A-feature completion to head tech official.
b. Driver making claim must have raced at current track previous two weeks.
c. Driver making claim must just finish on lead lap night of the claim.
d. If claim is refused, driver will pay $300 into the points fund before he/she will be allowed to race again at that track. Driver will also forfeit points and pay earned for that night.
34. Car Protest—$150 protest fee. Cash only. Only driver must make the protest, not crew. $50 of the
protest fee goes to the points fund. Protesting driver must be a registered driver at this track to protest.
35. Three Wins—Any driver that wins three races within one racing season will go through an extensive
technical inspection, which could include but is not limited to bumper-to-bumper inspection. (In
layman’s terms, if you are cheating we will find it).
36. Track reserves the right to change or amend any rule at any time.
37. No creative interpretation of rules. If you have questions, call us before you are disqualified.
38. FINAL NOTES: Drivers, if it does NOT say it, that doesn't mean you can do it. Call the track’s TECH
before you do anything to your cars that might be questionable. OEM does not mean HIGH
PERFORMANCE. If you cannot find the OEM part at your local parts store, then chances are you
cannot run it.
39. Protest fee is $150 per item protested.
a. Driver making protest must be present while item is being protested. Crew members of protesting party are not allowed into the tech area.
b. If protested driver is found legal he/she will get the $150 protest fee. If protested driver is found ill-legal the protester will get the protest fee back.
c. Whatever is being protested will be checked on car being protested and car doing the protesting. The protesting car will be checked first, must be legal for protest to continue.
Rules option B Enduro type cars will be allowed. MUST BE COMPLETELY STOCK WITH EXCEPTION OF CAGE SEAT AND BELTS. THERE WILL BE NO TOLERANCES. NO REMOVING ANYTHING FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT. WILL BE CHECKED FOR SAFETY.